Careers at The Driving School South West
We are currently extremely busy ! We are recruiting ADI and PDI instructors limited spaces available please contact us ASAP
Here at The Driving School South West, we’re always on the look out for professional, enthusiastic driving instructors to join our team. Would YOU like to work for us ?
What are YOU waiting for ? Call Us NOW
New driving instructors
We pride ourselves on our commitment to helping pupils gain an essential life skill, in a supportive, relaxed, fun and above all, safe environment.
There are several qualities that we look for in our driving instructors:
- Strong people skills
- Ability to communicate clearly on all levels
- Relaxed and supportive approach to teaching
- Belief in the importance of teaching safe driving for life
If you possess these qualities and would like to pursue a highly rewarding job with a good income, we’d love to hear from you!
Whether you are an ADI, PDI, part way through your training or are simply looking for a new career path, The Driving School South West may have just the job for you.
Looking for a new career path
We offer the best part time or full time franchise in the area that benefits from:
- A very competitive franchise fee
- Two weeks franchise holiday a year
- Regular meetings
- Free on-going training
- Free standards test training
- Free marketing material and stationary for your pupils
- Free training and advice on all aspects of being a self employed instructor
- Free Tax and Ni planning
- A contract between you and your pupil to reduce cancelations and lost lesson fees
- All advertising is paid for by US
- Working for a small family run school that cares about YOU and your Income
If you are a Independent ADI who needs more work, an ADI who is frustrated for the school they work for or you are simply looking for a new career then we look forward to hearing from you.
We provide full training for parts 1,2 and 3 of the ADI qualification exams a very competitive prices.
Driving Instructor Training
At The Driving School South West we make learning beautifully simple. Our team of highly qualified Driving Instructor Trainers will make your Driving Instructor Training a relaxing and fun experience, this ensures you learn quickly and have the best possible chance of passing all three parts of the examination process first time.
You must meet the following criteria to begin the Driving Instructor training process.
- Be 21 years of age or over
- Have held a full manual car driving licence for at least 3 years
- Have never been disqualified from driving or currently have 6 or more penalty points on your driving licence
- Have not been convicted of any non-motoring offences
If you meet the criteria then you can apply to become a approved driving instructor (ADI).
- You need to get a criminal record check from a company called TMG CRB – they provide criminal record check services for DVSA
- When you have your criminal record disclosure you can apply to the DVSA to become an ADI and start the qualifying process
- Take and pass the 3 ADI qualifying tests
- Apply for your first ADI badge.
The Part 1 Test
- The approved driving instructor (ADI) part 1 test is a theory test.
- The test costs £83
- You must have been accepted to start the qualifying process by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) before you book the ADI part 1 test.
- The test takes around 1 hour 45 minutes and includes:
- multiple-choice questions
- hazard perception
- You must pass both parts at the same time to pass the test.
- There’s no limit to how many times you can take the test.
- You can take the test in English or Welsh.
The Part 2 Test
The approved driving instructor (ADI) part 2 test is a test of your driving ability. It’s the second of 3 tests you have to pass to qualify as an ADI.
- The test costs £111.
- You must pass the ADI part 1 test before you book the ADI part 2 test.
- The test takes around 1 hour and includes:
- An eyesight test
- Vehicle safety questions
- A test of your driving ability
- You only have 3 attempts to pass the test, if you fail on the third attempt you cannot move onto part 3 training.
The Part 3 Test
The approved driving instructor (ADI) part 3 test is a test of your ability to instruct pupils. It’s the last of 3 tests you have to pass to qualify as an ADI.
- The test costs £111.
- You must pass the ADI part 2 test before you book the ADI part 3 test.
- The test takes around one hour and includes an assessment of:
- Core competencies
- Instructional techniques
- Instructor characteristics
- You only have 3 attempts to pass the test
The examiner will assess these by playing the role of 2 different pupils.
Driving Instructor Training
- Are you unsure who to choose for your training ?
- Are you worried about the training process ?
- Do you need more information ?
At The Driving School south west we know exactly how you feel, after all we have been through the process ourselves. We have also trained many others to become fully qualified and successful driving instructors.
We have been asked many times ……”why should i choose you for instructor training ?”
The honest and simple answer is……
” We take time before we embark on instructor training to get to know you, by doing so we design and deliver a bespoke instructor training package to suit you and by doing so we make learning beautifully simple”
There is a lot involved in training to become a driving instructor.
For full details please contact us and we can discuss things further, we will also arrange to send you our information pack that details the entire training process.
Well you have got this far, so don’t put if off for another day, pick up the phone, write us an e-mail, send us a text… But whatever your choice DO NOT START THE DRIVING INSTRUCTOR TRAINING PROCESS with ANY OTHER COMPANY until you have spoken to us.
We guarantee we will save your time, your money and reduce your stress, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Most driving instructor trainers will ask for you to pay for the entire course upfront. That means you are paying for parts 1,2 and 3 in full. No one can guarantee you will pass the part 2 exam, the worst case is you fail part 2 three times and all your money paid for part 3 is waisted!
So what makes us different ?
You simply Pay as You Go for your training, our part 1 study package starts from just £85
For prices full pricing information please contact us.